Welcome message

Dear friends,

Welcome to my blog. I am honored to have you visit. I hope you'll find my articles a blessing. I welcome your input and especially comments and questions.

I write as a Christian from Jerusalem, Israel about Biblical subjects.

I am particularly interested in the subjects of children, families, women's issues, corporal punishment, science and nature as these subjects relate to the Holy Scriptures.

For more information, see my website: www.biblechild.com

With every good wish - Samuel Martin

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Corporal and Eternal Punishment: Time to disconnect these two ideas once and for all – Part Three - Final


Corporal and Eternal Punishment: 
Time to disconnect these two ideas once and for all – 
Part Three - Final

We can see that the summary from Edersheim paints a drastically different picture about our Judeo-Christian heritage when it comes to child rearing than many of our Christian teachers tell us today.

Let’s be clear. This verse in Proverbs 23:13,14 is really a very key passage which I look at as a springboard to much greater violence. It is so easy to see how Bible teachers by comparison can justify things like withholding food, putting children out in the cold or dousing then with cold water for training purposes, putting hot sauce in children’s mouths (another hell fire approach), making children drink buttermilk, letting them get burned on stoves and many others we could rehearse here, but I think we are getting the idea. [Note: Thanks to those who wrote me or left comments on FB about this]

It is such an easy step from Proverbs 23:13,14 to all of the abovementioned violence. However, is this step really justified in Scripture? I say absolutely not.

To better understand my arguments concerning this issue, I urge you to write me and get a free copy of my book “Thy Rod and Thy Staff, They Comfort Me: Christians and the Spanking Controversy” because I have a whole chapter and an appendix dedicated to this verse of Proverbs 23:13,14. 


Download the book for free here:
http://parentingfreedom.com/samuelmartin.pdf
 http://whynottrainachild.com/2013/06/22/download-martins-book/
 
I can be reached at: info@biblechild.com.

Thanks so much,

Samuel Martin

No comments: