Welcome message

Dear friends,

Welcome to my blog. I am honored to have you visit. I hope you'll find my articles a blessing. I welcome your input and especially comments and questions.

I write as a Christian from Jerusalem, Israel about Biblical subjects.

I am particularly interested in the subjects of children, families, women's issues, corporal punishment, science and nature as these subjects relate to the Holy Scriptures.

For more information, see my website: www.biblechild.com

With every good wish - Samuel Martin

Saturday, June 28, 2014

What Kind of a Dad Would Jesus Be by Samuel Martin

What Kind of a Dad Would Jesus Be by Samuel Martin 

1) Jesus bathes His own children. (John 13:4-14)

2) Jesus is a merciful father to His children even when they are in the wrong. (John 8:1-11)

3) The Lord Jesus prepares his own meals. (John 21:9-12)

4) The LORD wipes away tears from His children's faces. (Isaiah 25:8)

5) The LORD sets the table for His family to eat. (Psalm 23:5)

6) Jesus is a long suffering, patient parent who shows perfect love to His children, even when they don't exhibit the same feeling back to Him. (John 21:15-17)

7) Jesus is a parent who would go without food and water to care for His children. (Matthew 4:1-2)


8) Jesus uses the example of quiet correction for sin. (John 8:1-11)


9) Jesus is a father who is ready to bind up our wounds. (Matthew 9:20)


10) Jesus is a parent who would die (and did die) for His children to keep them safe. (The message of the Gospel).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am struggling to see the message of the Gospel in point #10. Jesus did so much more than die on the cross just to keep us safe. Perhaps I am missing your hidden meaning in that one word, "safe." To me, His death was much more than keeping me safe. His death was to pay the punishment of death (and hell) that I deserved and to redeem me from my sinful self. Would this be your meaning of "safe?"